1. Add your name to our database & start networking.
–ADD YOUR NAME to our list of allies
of Opt Out CNY
–FIND ALLIES in your community
2. Participate in NYSAPE’s campaign to Demand Governor Cuomo & Chancellor Tisch Stop the Assault on Public Education Show your support HERE
3. Schedule a test refusal “how to” session in your community.
-Choose a date and secure a location. Opt Out CNY will provide you with materials and/or a speaker to present the facts about test refusal.
-Check out our CALENDAR of EVENTS.
4. Download a FLIER and start distributing
4. Contact Us for a lawn sign or car sticker!
Sure the ground is frozen, but our refuse the test lawn signs look great in the snowbank in front of your home and even better on the dashboard of your car window when you’re parked at the store. Want to do double duty? We’ve got stickers for your car, too. Contact Opt Out CNY to request your lawn sign and car sticker!
6. Explain growth scores.
Many are under the false impression that test refusal will harm a teacher’s evaluation when in fact, the opposite is true. Refusing the test is the only way to be certain your child won’t negatively impact a teacher’s evaluation. This is because a “growth model” is used to determine a teacher’s rating based on state test scores. This 7minute video from engageNY is helpful in understanding the growth model.
7. Download this side by side.
Take a peek at this “Framework for Test Refusal” and help others understand what test refusal is not.